Fall Essential: The Trench Coat

Fall Essential: The Trench Coat

trench-coatfrankvinyl_sandiego1 frankvinyl_sdblogger trench_coat_fall_essentialOn the top of my list for ‘ Fall Essentials’ is the trench coat. Definitely a fan of the loose lightweight trench coat for the semi cold fall here in So Cal, especially when paired with some Dr. Martens. It’s just the perfect layering piece for those subtle cold sometimes rainy days. Still breaking in these Docs btw. What a bish they are to break in! I love how this trench is more slouchy and a bit of a boyfriend type of feel. Kind of reminds me of the days I used to steel my dads cashmere blazer and it was so big on me it kind of looked like a trench. Of course I’m lucky enough that here in San Diego we have a few months where I can actually wear barely anything underneath and have fun with the proportions and contrast in weather appropriate and not so weather appropriate clothes all in one outfit.
There was an insane thunderstorm here last night. I barely got any sleep as I had a total irrational fear that the lightening bolt would come through my window and right into my bed. Yeah. I know. I told you it was irrational. Either way I am desperately trying to sip every last droplet of coffee in my mug right now before I have to continue with all the boring errands I have to run. Good news is that I can finally wear outfits like this because one day it’s hot and the next it’s raining and I’m a happy frank because now I finally get to layer it up …like for realz and no more pretending haha.
Wearing Zara trench coat (similar on sale here), Dr. Marten boots, One Teaspoon shorts, Pylo Feliz tank , Maiyet bag, Forever21 mixed with a vintage choker \ Photos by Henry Young

Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.

9 Comments

1. Linda on September 21, 2016 at 10:05 am

Ahh, I’ve got a few trench coats tucked away that I’m dying to bust out now! I think our weather is finally cooling enough to where I can comfortably do so 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration as usual Francesca!
    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

2. Leta on September 21, 2016 at 12:40 pm

I love these colors combination!
    Your daily inspiration and motivation on http://www.letucc.com

3. Alisha Ricki on September 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm

So true !!! Gotta have at least one good trench for fall! Love how laid back, yet cute & put-together this look is.
    xoxo

4. Deddeh Howard on September 22, 2016 at 12:23 am

Love this fall look, such beautiful colors. I love how you’re rocking that shorts girl!!

5. Miki on September 22, 2016 at 7:14 am

Great outfit! I love a great trench! I’m actually terrified of thunder. I can handle seeing lightning from afar, but if I hear thunder, I turn into a child, so I totally get you.
    Xo,
    Miki

6. Lauren on September 22, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I love this whole outfit, the shirts are so cool as is the trench. It’s bloody freezing here now I’ve got jeans and scarfs under my trench
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

7. Sharon Wu on September 23, 2016 at 9:55 am

I can’t live without a good trench during the fall and winter months, either! I love all of these photos and the location is so warm and dreamy — perfect for fall 🙂 hehe have a great weekend babe! xo, sharon

8. Stephanie on September 23, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I love how just adding a simple boyfriend trench can make an outfit feel … I don’t know … *whole*. This is just the perfect look. And girl I getchu on the fear of thunderstorms. I practically spazz out every time we have one. Bleh!
    Stephanie // SheSawStyle.com

9. Jenn Hanft on September 24, 2016 at 3:01 am

Ive been sooo digging the trench coat style!! Ive been seeing the vests and they are to die for! I really love this classic black. I need to get myself one for fall ?
    XO Jenn