5 Best Picnic Spots in San Diego
Hey Guys! Hope everyone is having an amazing Saturday! Whenever I have a free day I make sure to enjoy it to the fullest (and snap an instagram if I can haha). Yesterday John and I packed up a picnic bag and headed over to Sunset Cliffs to hang and watch the sunset. It reminded me how beautiful my city is (not that I ever really forget). The weather is always beautiful and the views are everywhere. Truth is there are so many amazing spots to maybe have a picnic and catch the beautiful sunset. I’m all about saving money and enjoying every minute of life. What better way to do that then a picnic with an amazing view? If you’re in the area, planning to visit soon, this post is for you.
5 best picnic spots in San Diego
- Sunset Cliffs. Gorgeous view on some cliffs overlooking the ocean. This spot is my favorite because the cliffs are beautiful as they change colors when the sun sets. Also a beautiful, beautiful spot to take some photos (pictured in the photo above).
- La Jolla Windansea- This is one of my favorite beaches in San Diego. Stop by during sunset, grab a bench and take in the beautiful sunset. It’s so picturesque with the huge beautiful rocks on the beach and the famously big surf!
- Torrey Pines State Park- This place is a perfect place to take a hike to your picnic spot. It’s a great workout and also has beautiful views of the ocean and all the pretty plant life.
- Kate Sessions Park – If you are looking to take your pooch or hang out with a large group of people this is awesome. Overlooking from Pacific Beach all the way to Coronado and even Tijuana. This is a gorgeous scenic view and a great place to spend a family or friends day at the park.
- Balboa Park – I absolutely love this historic San Diego spot. It’s a beautiful place to check out museums, take in the architecture and enjoy. You could sit outside of the botanical flower garden, sit in the cactus garden, or it next to the large fountain right next to the live saxaphone player. This place is classic and beautiful to walk around and take it all in.
** wearing above : J.O.A. white top, Mimi and Red hat