6 Simple and Essential Blogging Tips I’ve learned
2. Be Patient. I wish I could have told myself this in the past. It takes time to build a following, a voice, a blog, a style. Good things take time. If you are dying to have better photos, stronger content, more views, it will all come with time if you keep on hustling. It took me a good 4 years to start getting paid, about 5 years to have a better hang of what I was doing and it wasn’t until this year that I finally felt I found my style.
3. Write it all down! I started having a content calendar only about 6 months ago. I have no idea how I survived so long without one! Keeping all your thoughts out of your head and in one spot is so helpful and helps clear your brain for more creativity! Check out this post for more on why you should have a content calendar.
4. Always give. Ok you have a fashion blog and are showing your daily outfits to the world, but what is your reader getting from you? Outfit inspiration? Styling tips? Make sure you always have the reader in mind when you create any content on your blog. What exactly is your reader looking for when they come to you? If you are just sharing pics of your face , unless you are extremely seriously ridiculously zoolander good looking, then you aren’t really helping anyone with any information or inspiration. Maybe show how to style an outfit, cute cafes to visit in your area, blogging tips, product recommendations, what the new trends are. Whatever it is, make sure who ever is coming to visit your blog will leave with new information.
5. Promote Promote! When I first started my blog I was so embarrassed to promote my stuff. “How embarrassing, I have no readers… why should anyone come to my blog? Will I look super duper desperate?” Well, I learned the hard way that if you do not promote you aren’t going to get ANY views. Promoting may feel shameless, but it is so essential to get yourself out there. Think of it this way, someone out there will be thrilled that you happened to pop up on their Instagram, Facebook or youtube feed. Promoting doesn’t have to be by just paying adds, there are also ways to get exposure by doing giveaways, collaborating with brands that will tag/expose you or just talking about it on your insta-stories.
6. Make friends. Try and make friends in the world that you are trying to get into. If you are a fashion blogger make sure to go to as many networking events as you possibly can and make friends via social media! These friends might open doors for you or even answer some of the questions that you might not be able to find on the internet. It’s always nice to have friends in the world that consumes you as well because no one else will understand and get you (when it comes to social media stuff) quite like them.
SUBSCRIBE TO FRANK VINYL