How to Style Leopard this Fall + pieces you will love
It’s no secret anymore that leopard is the print of the Fall season. I have no complaints as every year I jump on it faster than I can even blink. Leopard hats, leopard shoes, leopard bags and leopard suits…yup, pretty much leopard everything. I have already started to slowly incorporate some leopard pieces into my Summery looks and can’t wait for Fall to take it up a notch.
One thing is for sure though, this is not a trend that will just go away. Every Fall it comes back one way or another, so if you are thinking of investing in a great leopard piece
my advice is go for it!
A few key points I have learned throughout the years when styling leopard:
- LESS IS ALWAYS MORE (as always in the fashion world, but especially with leopard). The print is so busy that it actually looks so beautiful when you let it stand out next to some solid basics. Do not overestimate the power of toning down the leopard with understated pieces.
- Don’t mix other animal prints with Leopard. Since the print is a strong statement, you don’t need to add more to the noise. Although you can do leopard on leopard (which can look mega chic if done right). Leopard on Leopard is so bold and fun I would encourage to try it out!
- IF YOU DO want to mix patterns, a good rule of thumb is to mix it with geometric prints like stripes or polka dots. Paring this print with stripes keeps it interesting and different! I once read that the key to mixing prints is to keep one of the prints more geometrical (since animal prints have more of an organic shape.) It’ll add a nice contrast instead of clashing.
- Don’t go cheap. If you have a good eye and know how to shop savvy, then, by all means, go for the cost-effective leopard print. However, make sure that it looks like it is worth more and is well constructed. I tend to gravitate towards a higher price point with leopard just because most likely the material will be nicer, the print will be prettier and all in all, it will not look cheesy.
- If you aren’t bold enough to wear a big statement piece like a coat, a skirt or leopard pants, then incorporate this print into your accessories. A tiny hint of leopard (like on a bag, on your shoes, a scarf or a cute headband) can easily make you look very fashion forward.
These tips are easy little tricks that always help to keep in mind when styling leopard! Hope you find this useful. I’ve also added some of my favorite leopard pieces of the moment below. Happy Shopping!