How to Style Baggy jeans
How to Style Baggy jeans
It’s no secret I love me some oversized clothes! John (my husband) doesn’t love it as much but it’s one of my favorite things to style. Right now all my jeans are either high waisted flares or high waisted baggy fit (both straight and wide legged). Both these style always look so effortlessly cool and when worn correctly can be super stylish.
Here are a few easy ways to style your boyish baggy jeans to get that effortless “cool girl” look.
- Pair it with a cropped top. It’s all in playing with different proportions when it comes to baggy or looser fitting clothes. A general rule of thumb is, if one piece is baggy, then make another piece tighter or show a little more skin somewhere else. It helps to contrast the silhouettes and is generally more flattering. This is why tight tops, cropped tops, and belted looks always go perfectly with baggy looser fitted pants.
- Wear a tight sheer top. Right now second skin tops are huge and will be taking over spring. I love this 90’s inspired trend so much. You could do a neutral one, something with a fun colored pattern or just a solid sheer turtleneck top. Layer on a chunky necklace on top or oversized long statement earrings. Right now the bigger, the better.
- Bring out your oversized t-shirts. This look may not work for all body types and is definitely for those that don’t mind hiding their curves. It may not be “sexy” for guys, but it definitely oozes cool girl grunge vibes. I like to style my oversized shirt slightly tucked on one side, layered over a turtleneck or long sleeves shirt and topped off with chunky chains to sass it up. Another way to make this sexier is to tuck the oversized shirt into your bra (front and back) and then slightly tuck it out so it looks looser. This gives you an instant cropped sexier look just like I show in this video here.
- Style with a cropped knit cardigan. I love this look so much! Its very very 90’s and the perfect mix of grunge meets school girl. I would probably wear this with some space buns, a belt and some chunky schoolgirl looking platform loafers.This would also look cute with some sneakers, and sassy retro inspired shades.
- Wear a minimal solid bralette with an oversized blazer. I really love this sexy trend. It’s a great way to show some skin in a very tasteful way. It’s always fashion forward, edgy and compliments this style of jean so well. The key is in the proportions of the blazer. An oversized tailored fit would look great.
- Get girly. If you want to keep it extra flirty and girly you could add on your favorite strappy heels and a flirty top. Maybe something with puffy sleeves (like this outfit) or even a backless bodysuit for the top would be perfect.