While I’m prepping for the year ahead, I figured I may as well share my resolutions on here with you. It definitely helps me keep track of my thoughts, helps hold me accountable and it’s a great way to check in and share where I am at and what’s on my mind. You guys know Im always trying to live my life as consciously as possible and sharing my resolutions only seem natural. So here are a few bigger and smaller things I would love to focus on.
- SIMPLIFY and ORGANIZE my home. The world is so chaotic right now and it’s made me want to make my house a zen sanctuary with less of the clutter that takes up space in my brain. For the past 3 months John and I have been slowly purging things from the home. A LOT OF THINGS and I’m talking cleaning every single room of the house. I want to focus on finalizing this and then redecorating a few things to help match that energy. I already re-did my master closet to help the space feel more open and organized (you can see that here on my IG) and next will be doing the tiny closet in my office space. I’ll be sharing before and after with you guys and be creating fun inspiration boards on Pinterest.
- Get into a healthy eating and working out routine– I haven’t been skating much lately (which is my go to exercise) and I’ve been eating whatever I want. I’ve had a few injuries that have kept me from being active and then with these winter months I’ve just been eating to feel cozy (maybe a bit of boredom is involved in that as well). I want to get back into a healthy routine! Workouts at home, skating and heading to the gym as well as eating healthy again. I feel lethargic and lazy when I am not in a good routine and I hope to change that within the next few weeks.
- Get better at REELS – I know, I know.. you guys maybe hate this one because we all love photos, but hear me out. While I do love a good photo and will continue to post photos on my IG, I really want to start pushing more reels and making sure they are QUALITY content. In an effort to work with the app and make sure my content gets seen by my community (and hopefully by new future community members), I want to focus on getting more savvy with Reels. I think it will be a great way to test out the algorithm, connect with my audience and reach new people. Also a great way to test out a new skill because reels is definitely a whole other beast. My goal is to find out what reels are best for me so you will definitely be seeing a lot of testing and different kind of reels coming from me on IG.
- Take my Sustainable fashion journey one step further – I’m already light years better than I was just three years ago (as far as trying to be a more conscious and sustainable shopper goes), but I want to try to take it one step further this year. I will still share links to outfits and similar pieces with you because I know that this journey isn’t for everyone and it takes a while to get here. I do want to share more about thrifting, renting clothes, re-wearing pieces and sustainable and small business brands. I want to make a difference in the fashion world (even if just a little) and not be another fashion blogger who only shares Amazon, Zara or HM pieces. I want to show you guys it’s possible to buy less fast fashion, be more sustainable and you can still look fabulous while doing it.
- BE less afraid and plan more adventures!! I’m not gonna lie, I definitely have been weary to travel far because of Covid the past few years. Travel is a part of who I am though and this year I’ve made a promise with myself that I’m just going to go for it and stop worrying! I don’t want life to keep passing by. This year I want to travel a lot more and create exciting memories I will remember when I look back on these years. Plus I can’t tell you how much I absolutely love creating Travel Content. It really fuels my soul and I love sharing it with you guys.
- Spend less time behind my Computer. This is a HARD ONE because of what I do of course, but I know if I delegate work correctly, plan ahead, do batch work days and focus on what’s important I can get better at this. I want to spend more time creating OFF screen and less time behind. This may mean less editing (maybe I outsource or just edit my pics LESS in general) and being less of a perfectionist with my work.
- READ MORE – On the note of being off my computer… I want to find some killer books that keep me entertained and off Netflix or my phone at night. Its so much better for my brain and eyes! Hoping writing it here makes me feel more forced to do it.