7 Ways to Style a Moto Jacket
One staple every single girl needs in her closet is a moto jacket. It transcends all styles, eras, and trends and they are incredibly versatile. I love my moto jacket so damn much that I actually have about 6 different ones. You know that when I love something and wear it a lot! I mean, if it works, it just works. If you want to invest in just one, I would highly suggest a classic high-quality moto jacket that will last you years in a good neutral color. A neutral moto is always going to make everything immediately look chic, edgy, and put together! Below I’m sharing few of the favorites I currently have in my closet. Keep on scrolling to read my 7 tips for styling a moto jacket.
I’ve linked the exact same jackets (or similar) below each image. This one is Sandro and I picked it up while thrifting (score!). Red is a great statement color and perfect when paired with basics. Linked similar ones here:
This is a jacket I picked up about a year ago to head to NY for NYFW. I love the crushed leather look giving it a rocker vibe. Here is the direct link to this AS by DF jacket (appears lighter on the site) and I’ve linked simlar below.
Forever a favorite and quite possible the jacket MOST USED in my closet. Black leather is always a staple. I would suggest to keep it classic and go for a simple look like this one for your first. If you already have a simple one and want to add to the colleciton, studs, hoods and a longer boxier feel are all great options! See it styled with slip dress and skeares here. Linked this exact one and more affordable versions below:
If you want something you can wear often (and don’t want black) this is another great option. It’s easy to wear and goes well with so much. Don’t forget to buy some suede protectant spray also to keep this lasting longer! This is the exact same as the blue one above.
7 ways to style a moto Jacket:
- Slip skirt with a graphic tee and sneakers. This is always always a great go-to look! Super easy, relaxed, chic and never fails! It’s all really in the cut of the jacket and silhouettes with this one! Half tuck your shirt in, tie it in a knot or just tuck it in for a put together look.
- Slip Dress and booties. Love this look for a cool girl vibe. Make sure to have the right accessories like some stand out earrings or a fun hat. I sometimes keep it simple with a hair scarf and giant hoops.
- High Waist jeans, crisp, white t-shirt with boots, flats or heels! This look never fails. For a sexier night out look you can also opt for a bodysuit. Slap on a pretty lipstick shade and your’re ready.
- Go really girly or really edgy! You can go two ways, pair the jacket with something ultra feminine (like a floral dress) for a nice contrast or go full on rocker by wearing studded boots, black moto leggings or a band tee.
- Keep it simple! Stick to closet staples and more basic pieces when stylng a moto jacket. This can make your jacket the star of the show and help you look effortlessly cool.
- Go Vintage: If you want a throwback look try a turtleneck, high waist jeans (maybe flared) and pops of gold jewelry.
- Layer, Layer, Layer. I love that you can always layer a moto jacket. Try under a big coat for extra warmth or even over a hoodie for a streetstyle model off duty vibe.
Hope you like this post and as always, thanks for reading!